Adobe Acrobat - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
Adobe Acrobat is a tool for PDF file viewing, editing, and creation. This page provides basic information on where to download Adobe Acrobat, and a list of resources on Acrobat both online and at UW-Madison.
Adobe Acrobat has been licensed by UW-System. Please check with your local IT staff first to see if they can install Adobe Acrobat for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products. Faculty and staff can download Adobe Acrobat by following these directions in this article: Access Adobe Creative Cloud Software with Your Federated Account
- Adobe Education Exchange Acrobat materials
- Adobe TV Acrobat videos
- Adobe Acrobat tutorials
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe Acrobat. For a broad overview see Up and Running with Acrobat XI. Note that while you can download and install Acrobat XI at the time this kb document was written, you can also download and install Acrobat DC which looks somewhat different than Acrobat XI but includes the same functionality. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Acrobat.
Documentation and Resources
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Acrobat please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone will contact you within two business days to schedule a consultation.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.