Cisco VoIP Request Forms
The document describes how to request new lines, changes to existing lines or accounts or removal of lines in the Cisco VoIP system.
Only Authorized Users may submit requests. To determine who is an Authorized User for a department please check here: https://networkapplications.doit.wisc.edu/telephone/requests/access-lookup.aspx
To request a new phone line/account, a change or move to an existing phone line/account, or the removal of a phone line/account in the Cisco VoIP system please use the following links to submit the request. These requests will be sent to the Network Applications team through WiscIT powered by Cherwell, our ticket management software. To check on the status of a request, use HelpOnline. Please note that in order to view on HelpOnline, you must use your correct NetID in the form.
Things to consider:
- ALL Cisco and Jabber equipment must be purchased through the Shop@UW before a request is submitted. Please note other brands of equipment are not supported. Equipment cannot be purchased through the Cisco VoIP team and accounts will not be created unless the equipment has already been purchased. You will need the MAC address of the desktop phone to complete the request. To find a MAC address, see Cisco VoIP - How to find a MAC address
- If you need the Jabber desktop client and you do not already have a phone setup please submit a new line request. If you already have a desk phone setup please contact your IT staff to have Jabber installed on your computer as your Jabber account already exists.
- Turnaround time for these requests is 2 weeks if the request is for a number that already exists in the Cisco VoIP system and you have an active data jack.
- Please do not bookmark links to each individual form; link to this page instead. These links will change as we update forms.
- The forms are powered by Qualtrics. If there is a Qualtrics outage, the forms will not work. Please check the outage page. If there is outage, you must wait to submit your ticket until the outage is resolved.
New Line Request
A new line request is when a department wants a new Cisco VoIP phone number that is currently not in use on any system. Examples would be new employees, adding a phone to a conference room, adding an additional phone to an office, etc. These requests will receive an available phone number from the University's pool of spare phone numbers. If a request is to move or change a specific phone line that is currently in use then that should be submitted as a line change request (see below).
Note: The link for New Line Request changed on July 12th, 2018. If you had bookmarked the previous link, please update it to the new link below.
A change is a modification to an existing phone line or telephone. Examples would be when one employee retires and someone else is hired to replace them and will use the same phone line, when a customer is moving offices or buildings, when an employee changes name, call routing changes, voicemail changes, or any other change not covered by another form.
Note: The link for Change Request changed on May 3, 2019. If you had bookmarked the previous link, please update it to the new link below.
Remove User Request
This form is a request to remove a user in the Cisco VoIP system. The phone number associated with this user will be removed from any phone and added to the spare number list. The number will be held in the spare number list for six months and the department may request to reuse the number within that time. If there is a voicemail box associated with this line it will be deleted. Please submit separate forms for each account that needs changes.
This form is to be used for changes for the Cisco 8851 Sidecar (Expansion Module). All fields on the form are required. Missing information will lead to delays in your request completion. Please fill out the spreadsheet below and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This form is to be used for changes that impact 5 or more lines. All fields on the form are required. Missing information will lead to delays in your request completion. Please fill out the spreadsheet below and email the form to email@example.com.