MFA-Duo - Logging in with Multi-factor Authentication
This document will provide instructions for logging in to a service that requires Duo Multi-factor Authentication.
In order to login with Duo Multi-factor Authentication, you must have first registered a device and linked it with your NetID. If you have not yet completed this, follow the instructions here: MFA-Duo - How to Enroll for MFA Duo for your NetID Login Account
- Navigate to the page that requires Duo Multi-factor Authentication after NetID login (for example MyUW).
- Authenticate with your NetID and Password.
- You will now be presented with the MFA-Duo screen.
- Follow the instructions for your desired login method:
- At the MFA Duo prompt, select Enter a Passcode.
- Open the Duo Mobile app on your device.
- Click the UW Madison item in your app.
- A 6-digit passcode will be presented. Enter that passcode in the MFA Duo prompt to complete the login process.
- If the code doesn't work, click the refresh icon next to the code to generate a new code.
- The code below is simply an example and not to be used to login.
- When prompted for MFA-Duo, select Enter a Passcode.
- Making sure that the token's button is oriented to the left (as pictured), press the button on the front of your MFA token.
- The token will display a 6-digit code.
- Enter that code in the prompt, then select Log In.
You should be successfully logged into the service requiring Duo Multi-factor Authentication.