Kaltura Capture - Installation [UW-Madison]
Kaltura Capture is screen and webcam recording software for Windows and macOS. It is a good fit for doing shorter recordings (4-6 min) which can be done in one take and don't require much editing. This document describes the system requirements for Kaltura Capture and how to install it.
- This document focuses on Kaltura Capture, which is a good capture solution for most uses. For a more advanced tool, try TechSmith Camtasia. It offers a few more editing options than Kaltura Capture, which can help instructors and staff who make longer recordings.
- Users who want to record slideshows with audio narration can also use Powerpoint (More instructions for: Windows, Mac).
- Powerpoint allows you to more easily update narrated slideshows by allowing users to re-record audio for individual slides and export the presentation as an MP4.
- Kaltura Capture (or Camtasia) is intended for recording yourself using software or guiding your viewer through a website, etc. - something beyond narrated Powerpoint slides.
If you're interested in recording your screen or webcam with Kaltura Capture, make sure your machine meets Kaltura Capture's minimum specifications:
- Detailed information on the requirements is available on Kaltura's document Kaltura Capture - Prerequisites and System Requirements.
- We recommend at minimum 1 Mbps upload speed to upload files to Kaltura MediaSpace. Search speed test on Google to load their speed test utility.