Kaltura Capture - Installation
Kaltura Capture is screen and webcam recording software for Windows and OSX. It is a good fit for doing shorter recordings (5-10 min) which don't require much editing. This document describes the system requirements for Kaltura Capture and how to install it.Kaltura Capture is the software that Kaltura replaced CaptureSpace with in June 2019.
| Hardware / Software:
| Operating System:
Windows 7 - 10 (64 bit) and above
Mac OSX 10.10 and above
|Memory:|| 4 GB RAM
|| 1 GB minimum available (we recommend 10 GB available)
|Processor:|| Minimum Intel i5
Installing Kaltura Capture
Installing Kaltura Capture on Windows screencast (2 min, 20 sec)
Installing Kaltura Capture on Mac OSX screencast (2 min, 28 sec)
Installing Kaltura Capture step-by-step directions
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click Add New → Kaltura Capture:
- A new window will display which says “The Kaltura Capture Desktop Recorder”. Near the bottom text reads “Using Kaltura Capture for the first time?” with links for both the Windows installer and the Mac installer. Click the link for the installer you want to use:
- Once the installer is downloaded, find the downloaded file.
- In Windows double click the installer file to launch the installer. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- In OSX drag the Personal Capture icon to the Applications folder of your machine. Mac OSX Catalina (10.15) requires additional permissions to run Kaltura Capture successfully. To run Kaltura Capture, change the following settings:
System Preferences → Security & Privacy → General → (unlock the padlock) → Choose App Store and identified developers → (lock the padlock)
System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Privacy → (unlock the padlock) → Choose Camera → Check KalturaCapture (repeat this process for Microphone and Screen Recording) > (lock the padlock).
- Once it is installed you can launch it via two different methods:
- You can go back to mediaspace.wisc.edu and select Add New → Kaltura Capture and it will launch the app, or:
- You can launch it from your programs or applications menu in Windows or OSX.