SIS/Student Groups - Adding a Student to a Student Group
This document outlines the process for adding a student to a Student Group.
To add a student group to a student's record, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Student Groups page at Student Records WorkCenter, Student Groups or > Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Student Groups
- The Find page will display. Search for the student you want to add a student group for by entering their Campus ID# in the "Campus ID" field. Other search fields can be used, but Campus ID is the value you're most likely to know and its use will ensure you're accessing the correct student record.
- Select "Search".
The student's existing student groups will display on the Student Groups page. Browse the list to ensure that the student group you plan to add is not already in place.
Use the "View All" option to see all student groups displayed on one page.
Use the row counter to scroll through one existing student group at a time.
If the Student Group field is filled in, the student has existing student groups on record. Follow these steps to add a new student group:
- Select upper [+] Add button to the right of Academic Institution.
- Complete fields as advised in the SIS/Student Groups - Student Groups Page Field Description
If the Student Group field is blank, there is no need to select upper [+] Add button. You may simply begin completing fields as advised in the SIS/Student Groups - Student Groups Page Field Description
- Academic Institution = UWMSN
- Student Group
- Effective Date (see rules listed below)
An example of a completed student group entry is as follows:
Select [Save]. The new student group is saved to the student's record.
Rules for Effective Dating enrollment based Student Groups
If adding a Student group for a Future Term, then Effective Date is today's date.
If adding a Student Group for a Current Term, then Effective Date is on or before the first day of the current term.
- The Term Begin Date can be found: Student Records WorkCenter, |Dean/Dept Processing|, Session Dates and Deadlines
- Student Group data is not term specific. Therefore, entry of the Effective Date with a date on or before the first day of the term is essential for course enrollment.
- A student must be added to the student group before the student is eligible to enroll for any course with a requisite that includes that student group.