Topics Map > Curricular Services
Topics Map > Enrollment
Topics Map > Student Information System (SIS)
SIS/Building Your Schedule of Classes - Maintain Schedule of Classes: Exam Tab
This document outlines how to view final exam information in SIS.
The Exam tab of Maintain Schedule of Classes displays final exam information and is for inquiry only. Final exam codes and dates/times will be established shortly before the Schedule of Classes is published. Final exam Facility ID will be populated several weeks before final exams. See also: Understanding and Finding Final Exam Information.
Final exams for fall and spring semesters are assigned in accordance with the Summary Period for Academic Semester policy. Summer Term final exam dates/times are not assigned in SIS; summer finals should be administered in line with the Summer Term Exams policy.
How to Access/View Final Exam Information
Curricular Representatives cannot update final exam information, it is “view only.” Contact the final exam specialist in Curricular Services if the exam needs updating or is not needed.
- From Home, select: Curric & Enroll Rep WorkCenter, Maintain Schedule of Classes
- > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Maintain Schedule of Classes
Use the Find page to locate the desired course. Search by Term and Subject Area to view a list of all scheduled courses, or search by Term, Subject Area, and Catalog Nbr to find a specific course.
Select Exam page tab.
Note: The exam Facility ID(s) will only display text several weeks before the Exam Date, after classrooms are assigned for finals. Classes may be assigned multiple classrooms, as room assignments for finals allow an empty seat between students.
- Exam Seat Spacing: '2' indicates double-seating will be assigned
- Final exam codes and dates/times are assigned based on meeting patterns, unless the course is approved for a group exam
- Final exams are only assigned to Range 1 components, i.e., for a multi-component course like a lecture with discussions, the final exam will be associated with the lecture
- Final exam information in SIS displays in Course Search & Enroll