Topics Map > Office of the Secretary of the Faculty > Faculty Senate > University Committee
University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-07-15
University Committee Meeting Minutes
approved July 22, 2013
July 15, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Meyerand (by phone), Petty
1. The meeting began at 1:00 p.m.
2. Motion by Petty, second by Cook to approve the minutes of the meeting of July 8, 2013. Unanimous.
3. The University Committee will extend the deadline of the Ad Hoc Committee on Fossil Fuel Use and Climate Change’s final report to the University Committee to December, with the intention that the ad hoc committee will report to the Faculty Senate in February.
4. The committee renewed the charge to the ad hoc interdivisional curriculum committee.
5. Motion by Petty, second by Cook to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
6. The committee reconvened in open session at 2:18 p.m.
7. The committee spoke with the provost.
8. Motion by Petty, second by Cook to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
9. The committee reconvened in open session at 2:54 p.m.
10. The UC discussed the possibility of having a search and screen committee select any future leader of the Arts Institute rather than having the position be appointed by the provost.
11. The UC will invite Morton Gernsbacher, chair, and Cathy Trueba, Director of the McBurney Disability Resource Center, to discuss the charge to the Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction.
12. The meeting adjourned at 3:19 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty.