Topics Map > Office of the Secretary of the Faculty > Faculty Senate > University Committee
University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-02-04
approved February 11, 2013
February 4, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Lipton, Petty, Scheufele
The meeting began at 1:01 p.m.
1. The UC identified steps to follow in the month of February to keep discussion about the proposed College of the Arts moving forward, including arranging a meeting with faculty in the Departments of Art, Dance, Music and Theatre and Drama and writing a letter to each of these faculty soliciting their thoughts on the proposed College of the Arts.
2. Motion by Petty, second by Scheufele to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
3. Reconvene in open session at 2:47 p.m.
4. Motion by Bernard-Donals, second by Petty to approve the minutes of January 28, 2013. Unanimous approval.
5. The UC recommends that Sarah Van Orman present the draft alcohol policy to the Advisory Committee to the Dean of Students.
6. Motion by Bernard-Donals, second by Cook to adjourn. Unanimous. 3:10 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty.