Topics Map > Office of the Secretary of the Faculty > Faculty Senate > University Committee
University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-01-14
approved January 22, 2013
January 14, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Lipton, Petty, Scheufele
1. The meeting began at 1:00.
2. Update from the chancellor
The committee asked the chancellor whether it would be possible to conduct annual informal bottom-up reviews of campus administrators. He is interested in knowing whether there are any “best practices” already in place for such reviews.
In discussing the committee’s timeline for the proposed College of the Arts, the chancellor said that he thinks it should be slowed until September (after the state budget is approved.) Some concern has been expressed by regents about the political implications of creating a new college during difficult budget years.
3. The UC will re-activate the Budget Planning and Analysis Joint Subcommittee and charge it to work with Vice Chancellor Darrell Bazzell on the budget allocation project. Bazzell agreed to make a presentation on the campus budget process to the UC.
4. Motion by Bernard-Donals, second by Petty to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters.
5. Reconvene in open session
6. Motion by Bernard-Donals, second by Petty to approve the minutes of the meeting of January 7, 2013. Unanimous.
7. The agenda for the February 5 Faculty Senate meeting was approved.
8. The University Committee invited colleagues representing the arts to meet as needed to continue discussion of the College of the Arts proposal.
9. The draft structure and description for the HR design governance committee presented by Bob Lavignia, Mark Walters, and Steve Lund was accepted.
10. Adjourn at 4:57.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty.