Topics Map > Office of the Secretary of the Faculty > Faculty Senate > University Committee
University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-10-07
approved October 14, 2013
October 7, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Meyerand, Petty
Absent: Farrar Edwards
1. The meeting began at 1:00 p.m.
2. Motion made (Cook) and seconded to approve minutes of the meeting of September 30, 2013. Unanimous.
3. Motion made (Cook) and seconded to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
4. The committee reconvened in open session at 1:29 p.m.
5. The chancellor reports that the students support the change to a single spring commencement ceremony to be held at Camp Randall Stadium rather than four ceremonies on Saturday and Sunday. The provost’s office will manage commencement, and will be advised by a new commencement planning committee with membership of students, faculty and staff. The University Committee supports this plan.
6. Motion made (Petty) and seconded to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters.
7. The meeting adjourned from closed session at 3:03 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty.