Printing: PDF won't print from Adobe Acrobat: Mac
There are times when a PDF will fail to print on a Mac from Adobe Acrobat. This guide is intended to help you troubleshoot the problem.
- Prerequisites (Assumptions)
- Steps for making PDFs print from Adobe Acrobat
1) Select Print from the File menu (command + P is the keyboard shortcut)
2) Within the Print window, the drop-down menu labeled Printer at the top of the window should be set to the name of your Ricoh floor printer. (This is Omaha in our example.)
3) Click the Page Setup... button at the lower left of the window.
In the window that appears, select the Ricoh printer you are using from the drop-down menu labeled Format For.
Press the OK button.
4) Click on the Printer... button near the lower left of the Print window.
In the window that appears, you should see the Ricoh printer's name in the drop-down menu item labeled Printer.
You should also see the desired printer preset in the drop-down menu labeled Presets.
The TRICK: It sounds silly, but even if those drop-down menu items are correct, please click on them both to "re-verify" those selections.
It works every time when your PDFs are not printing from Acrobat.
Press the Print button.
5) Finally, press the Print button of the main Print window and your job should print to the Ricoh floor printer.
NEW!! For more visual learners, please click on the Vimeo icon below to view a basic demonstration.