UW-Madison Zoom - Solutions for Common Zoom Sign-in Issues
- Make sure that your internet connectivity is stable.
- Identify the method you are using to sign into you Zoom account.
- If you are attempting to sign in using a web browser, be sure to log into your UW-Madison Zoom account using this link.
- If you are using the Zoom desktop client or mobile app, make sure that you are selecting "Sign In with SSO" from the sign-in page, and that you are entering "uwmadison" if prompted for a domain.
- Note: We recommend trying both sign-in methods before moving on to the next set of instructions.
- Log into Wisconsin Account Administration using your NetID and password.
- From the left hand menu, select Account Administration and then Service Status.
- One this page, scroll down to the Service: Zoom section.
- Make note of what the Account Exists and Eligible subsections say.
- Using the same left hand navigation menu as before, select Zoom, then Status.
- On this page, make note of what the Status subsection says.
- Based on your findings from the Account Exists, Eligible, and Status sections, follow the guidelines in the chart below.
- If the Zoom issue you are experiencing is in regards to a service account, please also see the service account sign-in issues section.
|"Account Exists"||"Eligible"||"Status"||Your Next Steps|
|Yes||Yes||Inactive||This is a disabled Zoom account. The user needs to activate missing services.|
|No||Yes||Eligible; not enabled||This Zoom account does not exist yet, but it is eligible. The user needs to log into their UW-Madison Zoom account using a private browser window.|
|(All Cases)||No||(All Cases)||
This account is not eligible for Zoom. Learn about Zoom eligibility requirements.
Note: If you believe that your account has been labeled not eligible in error, please contact the DoIT HelpDesk.
Note: If you are experiencing Zoom login issues, and your case does not match any of the scenarios listed above, please contact the DoIT HelpDesk.
- Please note that service accounts are not automatically enabled for UW-Madison Zoom. Access to UW-Madison Zoom must be requested.
- Note: Making a UW-Madison Zoom service account request does not guarantee approval.
- Learn more.
- DoIT is unable to assist with any log-in issues regarding non UW-Madison Zoom accounts that have been created using a service account. We can only help with service accounts that have been enabled for UW-Madison Zoom after submitting a request.
- Verify that you have been added as linked to the service account you are attempting to use for Zoom.