Help Desk - Chat with an Agent!
Help Desk LiveChat is a web-based chat system that provides real time communication with DoIT Help Desk staff. Click the LiveChat icon to initiate a chat session. Then, simply fill out the short form to start chatting with a Help Desk technician.
NetID Account Information Security NoteWe cannot reset passwords or provide Duo passcodes, Campus IDs, and NetIDs via LiveChat.
If you need help with your NetID password, generating a Duo bypass code, or reregistering your Duo device, please call the Help Desk at +1-608-264-4357 (264-HELP).
Select the chat button above to start a LiveChat.
This will open a new window with a form.
Fill in the form with your question, then select "Submit" to start the chat with a Help Desk agent.
Frequently Asked Questions
- NetID Account Recovery (Password Reset)
- NetID - Login Problems
- NetID - Modifying your Account
- Help Desk - I need my Campus ID/Wiscard number
- MFA-Duo - Request a Temporary Passcode
- WiscVPN - How to Install, Connect, Uninstall, and Disconnect WiscVPN Palo Alto GlobalProtect
- Current Outages
- Current Scam Alerts
Further AssistanceIf you have problems initiating a LiveChat session, or need further assistance with your NetID, MFA-Duo, password, or other account information, please call the DoIT Help Desk at +1-608-264-4357 (264-HELP).
We cannot reset passwords or provide Duo passcodes, Campus IDs, and NetIDs via LiveChat.
LiveChat FeaturesLiveChat provides the following features:
- Compatible with many popular web browsers
- Convenient access to Help Desk technologists without using a phone
- Same great help you've come to expect from the DoIT Help Desk
- You can easily share your screen with agents (for more information, visit BeyondTrust - Remote Desktop Support Agreement)
LiveChat has been tested and is known to work with the following web browsers and operating systems:
- Internet Explorer 11.x (Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7)
- Firefox 52.x and newer
- Chrome 40.x versions and newer
- Safari (Mac OSX 10.8.x and newer)