Topics Map > Campus Services > WiscWeb CMS
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Linking to a Document
This document will walk you through adding a link to a document (PDF, DOC, etc.) on a page.
Adding a Single Document to a Text Block
Please Note: If you are going to be working with documents that update on a consistent basis, it is our recommendation to use shared files out of a departmental Box directory as revision history is handled much better there. You can find out more information about the UW-Madison Box service at https://it.wisc.edu/services/box/
- Navigate to the Text Block on which you would like to add the document.
- If the text you want to link already exists, highlight it.
- Click on the Add Media button at the top of the Text Block.
- Click on the file to add, or upload a new file.
- In the Attachment Details pane on the right, scroll down to and check to make sure that the"Attachment Display Settings" are set to Link To: Media File.
- Click the blue 'insert into page' button.
- The link will be added to the Text Block using the file's Title. To change the Title, see the Working in Grid View section of WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Using Media Library to Add Images or Documents
Adding Multiple Documents to a Page
Listing multiple documents can be done using a Text Block, and repeating the steps above, or you can use a Document Listing. The Document Listing allows you to select specific set of documents, or categorize documents by Type, and all those documents to a pre-formatted list. For instructions on using Document Listing, see WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Documents Listing Page Element.