Topics Map > Campus Services > Office 365
Office 365 (Outlook on the web | Outlook for Windows/MacOS) - Publish a calendar
This document will provide instructions on how to publish a calendar within Outlook on the web and Outlook for Windows/MacOS.
When publishing your calendar, you can provide any user (internal/external) with a unique URL (.html or .ics) that they can use to view/subscribe to your calendar. This URL will only allow them to view your calendar data. At this time, Microsoft's default limit is set to retrieve data for six months from the current date.
If you want to share your calendar with other UW-Madison Office 365 users, please see: Office 365 (Outlook on the web | Outlook for Windows/MacOS) - Share a calendar.
- At this time, regardless of the time zone the consuming person is, the events will be shown using the time zone of the published calendar. Eg: User A's time zone is set to CST. User B (who is in EST time zone) views User A's published calendar. Result: The calendar data will be shown as CST and there is no indication of this. User B will need to ask User A what time zone is set for User A's account.
- If a Google calendar user is subscribed to your Office 365 calendar via the .ics link you have provided them, changes made in your Office 365 calendar may take up to 24 hours to be reflected in the Google calendar view.
- Click Settings located in the top-right corner of the window.
- Select View all Outlook settings on the bottom of the Setting's pane.
- Select the Calendar option on the far left, if not already selected. Then select Shared calendars.
- Select a calendar to publish within the "Select a calendar" drop-down menu. To start publishing, select a permission level from the "Not shared" drop-down menu. Click Publish to generate the HTML and ICS links.
- If you want the external user to subscribe to your calendar, provide them with the 'ics' url. If you want the external user to view your calendar via a browser, provide them with the 'html' url.
For consistency and ease of use, please use the Outlook on the web instructions above.