Topics Map > Campus Services > Student Center
Transcript Request - Requesting Transcripts Without a NetID
An overview and step-by-step guide to requesting transcripts without having a NetID or password.This guide will also provide step-by-step instructions to retrieving your campus ID and PIN.
Current students or students who have graduated within the last two years can request transcripts by logging in to the Student Center.
Former students with records from 1978-present can request transcripts through myinfo.wisc.edu. The following instructions can also be useful to anyone who has forgotten their NetID and password who does not want to go through the NetID recovery procedure to request their transcript.
1. Navigate to myinfo.wisc.edu in a web browser.
2. Click Forgot Campus ID or Pin?
3. Click the box to the left of "I agree to the terms above".
4. Enter your name and personal identification data as it appears on UW-Madison's records. Click Next.
5. Select the class as instructed for identity verification. Once completed, click Submit.
6. You are now logged into the UW-Madison Student Center. To go to the transcript order site: Click Academic Records, then Request My Official Transcript .
7. This should bring up the transcript ordering site, pre-populated with the necessary UW-Madison ID information. You may now proceed with ordering an official transcript.
Obtaining your campus ID and PIN number for future accessYou may follow the same instructions each time you would like to access the Student Center in the future. However, you are able to obtain your campus ID and reset the PIN for easier access.
Follow the instructions below once you are in the Student Center to retrieve that information.
Obtaining your campus ID:
1. Click on the ÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã âAcademic RecordsÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬ÃÂ tile.2. From the menu on the left, click on ÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã âView Unofficial TranscriptÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬ÃÂ.3. Click the ÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã âSubmitÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬ÃÂ button process your request. A new tab with a PDF version of your unofficial transcript will pop up.
Note: Your device must allow popups and have a PDF viewer to see the report.
4. Your campus ID number is available on your unofficial transcript.
Changing your PIN:
1. Click on the ÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã âProfileÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬ÃÂ tile.
2. From the menu on the left, click on ÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã âChange PINÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬ÃÂ.
3. Type a new PIN number and save.
In the future, you may log in through myinfo.wisc.edu using your campus ID and PIN.