UW-Madison Google Workspace - Getting Started with Google Meet
Google Meet is an online video conferencing tool that can be used to schedule meetings, interviews, and more with multiple users from any device that has access to the internet. Note: The information below is subject to change.
- Free for UW-Madison Google Workspace users
- Supported by the UW-Madison Google Workspace team
- Service accounts are eligible
- Host up to 100 participants for video/audio meetings (see temporary exception above)
- Dial in by phone option
- Integrates with all other Google Workspace products (ex: Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Host meetings with external (non UW-Madison) participants
- Live captioning
- Present by sharing screen/window
Access Google Hangouts Meet
- Go to https://meet.google.com/ and select Sign in located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter your email@example.com email address then click Next.
- Enter your NetID credentials.
Note: Remember to log into your UW-Madison Google Workspace account and not your personal Google account.
- UW-Madison Google Workspace - UW-Madison Google Workspace Accounts vs. Personal Google Accounts
- [Link for document 15246 is unavailable at this time]
Learn the basics
Learn how to collaborate
UW-Madison offers free Google products to campus under the Google Workspace for Education edition. The Google Workspace for Education edition offers a variety of Google products; however, this tier does not offer every product that is available for Google Workspace Enterprise for Education edition customers. Some limitations include:
- Cannot record video meetings
- Cannot live-stream
- Cannot broadcast video meetings to a larger group