Get help from the DoIT Help Desk
- Users Unable to Create Canvas Assignments or Announcements Jun 22, 2018, 9:20 AM CDT
Starting at approximately 6:20 PM (CST) on June 21st and ending at 12:00 AM June 22nd, users may been unable to create, edit, or publish assignments. They also may have been unable to create announcements in courses.
- Box ends support for TLS 1.0 on June 25 Jun 22, 2018, 1:13 PM CDT
On June 25, 2018 Box will start blocking access from client applications that use TLS 1.0. If you are experiencing issues connecting to Box, please update your desktop client. If problems continue after updating your desktop client, please open a case with the Help Desk.
The original announcement of this change only affected older client versions and impacted a very small number of users.
Those users were contacted directly by the UW Madison Box Service Team. Box has since identified issues with the current versions of Box for Office and Box Drive for Windows that will require all users of those applications to upgrade their clients.
- Spring 2018 Box Feature Deprecations Jun 11, 2018, 12:30 PM CDT
Box is constantly working to improve the user experience on Box, and sometimes that means removing functionality to make room for an even better product.
Please review the features below that will retire in the coming months.
- New SMTP Relay support for AWS and Email List and Marketing Best Practices May 10, 2018, 9:37 AM CDT
office 365 email smtp aws email list marketing communications dmarc security secure
- Reminder: G Suite Drive Desktop Sync Client Shutdown on May 12, 2018 May 10, 2018, 8:56 AM CDT
google g suite apps sync desktop client mac pc file stream syncing may 12 shutdown
- Office 365 Updates: Increased Office 365 Groups Privacy, DMARC Info tool, and more Nov 9, 2017, 3:22 PM CDT
Learn about the latest updates made to Office 365 Groups and the Wisc Account Admin site.
- G Suite users targeted by widespread phishing attempt Jun 12, 2017, 1:37 PM CDT
On Wednesday, May 3rd, a widespread phishing attack targeted G Suite users to obtain access to Gmail, Contacts, and Docs.
- Support for Google Drive for Mac/PC versions 1.22 and older ending on July 1, 2016 May 10, 2018, 8:41 AM CDT
Google announced as of July 1, 2016, they will discontinue support for Drive for Mac/PC sync client versions 1.22 and older. This also applies to any Google Drive for Mac/PC versions that are older than 1 year old.
- Office 365 - Working with cloud service vendors Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM CDT
Vendors of cloud services often make changes to their services without providing significant advance notice. It’s important for the UW tech support and end users to realize the ways that changes to Office 365 can occur. Read more for additional information.
- UW-Madison sees an increase in phishing attempts Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM CDT
Recently, UW-Madison has seen an increase in attempts to obtain NetID and password credentials from UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff via email. To avoid falling victim to a phishing scam, never respond to an email that asks for your password, and only enter your NetID and password if you recognize the campus NetID login screen.