Topics Map > Campus Services > NetID Login Service
NetID Account - Changing a Password
This document provides a step-by-step walkthrough of changing your NetID password. If you do not know your current NetID password and need to recover it please see: NetID - Resetting a Forgotten Password
It is strongly recommended that:
- Passwords are changed twice per year (e.g., when clocks are adjusted in the spring and fall)
- Each password chosen is new and different
To change your current NetID password:
- Navigate to https://www.mynetid.wisc.edu/modify and login with your current NetID and password.
- Scroll down the page until you reach the section labeled CHANGE YOUR NETID PASSWORD
- Enter your new password making sure to follow the password requirements listed above.
- Re-enter your password on the next line to confirm.
- Scroll down to the section labeled SET RECOVERY QUESTIONS
- It is highly recommended that you configure your recovery questions. In the event that you forget your NetID password these questions can be used to recover your account.
- Once you have entered your new password and set your recovery questions press button labeled Set Password and/or Recovery Questions.
- Please remember that following this change you will need to update any saved passwords on your mobile devices, E-mail clients, and other places that can store your NetID information.
For more information on UW-Madison's Password Standards see: https://kb.wisc.edu/itpolicy/cio-password-policy