Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Operating Systems > Windows
Windows - Installing Java
This document provides a brief outline of the installation process for the Java software. Specific details may vary as versions change, refer to http://java.com for the most recent information.
Perform the following steps to install Java:
- Access Oracle's Java website at http://java.com.
- Click the red Free Java Download button in the center of the page.
- Click on Agree and Start Free Download.
- Choose to Save File when prompted.
- Java will automatically download and initiate the installation process.
- Once the installation process has progressed to completion, a confirmation box will appear. Click Finish to complete the installation.
- The software should now be successfully installed.