Topics Map > Campus Services > Student Center
Student Center - Applying for Graduation
Follow the directions below to apply for graduation in Student Center.
Note: Graduate students who apply will still need to contact their major program to request a degree warrant from the Graduate School on their behalf.
- Login to My UW-Madison.
- Open the Student Center module (located in Student Services tab or QuickLinks).
- Locate the "Academics" section on the Student Center.
- Find and select the My Academics link.
- Locate the "Graduation" section on the My Academics Tab.
- Find and select the Apply for graduation link.
- Click on the Apply for Graduation link for the Degree in which you are graduating.
- Select the term in which you expect to receive your degree. Click the Continue button.
- Select the commencement ceremony in which you plan to attend.
Note: PhD, DMA and MFA students: You will have the option of entering a Faculty Escort for the commencement ceremony. If you do not know it at this time, you can update the information after the application has been submitted.
- Click the Submit Application button. You will be brought to a Confirmation page. You should also receive an email stating you have successfully applied.
- Verify your Name, Address and Degree information.