Topics Map > Campus Services > NetID Login Service
NetID - Modifying your Account
This document provides a step-by-step walk-through for modifying your NetID account. The account modification tool allows you to activate missing services, reset your password, change your account recovery questions, and set up a mail forward.
- Log into the NetID Account Modification Tool
- Activate Services
- Reset NetID Password
- Change Account Recovery Questions
- Mail Forwarding
Log into the NetID Account Modification Tool
- To begin, log into the NetID Account Modification tool at https://www.mynetid.wisc.edu/modify.
- This section allows you activate any services that you are missing. You may be missing services because you changed your status at UW-Madison (for example, but not limited to: from an applicant to a full student, a student to an employee, or from a hospital employee to a TA or teaching position). When this happens, the central services for which you are eligible may change.
- If you are eligible for new services, they will be listed on the final screen, along with details about those services.
Reset NetID Password
- This section allows you to change your password. Once you have entered your new password, click the Modify Account button at the bottom of the page to save the changes. If you have forgotten your password, follow the instructions in NetID - Resetting a Forgotten Password.
Add/Change Recovery Email
- This section allows you to add or change your recovery email address, used to restore access to your account if you forget your NetID or password. Once you have set your recovery email address, click the Modify Account button at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
Change Account Recovery Questions
- This section allows you to delete existing questions and/or add new questions for account recovery purposes. Once you have modified your questions, click the Modify Account button at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
It is no longer possible to set mail forwards using the NetID Modification Utility. To set a mail forward, please refer to WiscMail / WiscMail Plus - Forwarding Email.
Viewing NetID Account Modification Summary Page