Topics Map > Campus Services > E-Learning > Kaltura
Topics Map > Campus Services > E-Learning > Canvas
Canvas - How to add or embed a video in your Canvas course using Kaltura Media (UW-Madison)
This documents provides provides Canvas users with instructions on how to embed media into Canvas pages, discussion posts, and quiz descriptions using Kaltura media - anywhere the Canvas rich text editor allows for the creation of content.
Kaltura media can be embedded wherever Canvas allows you to use the rich content editor. Embedding Kaltura media in a Canvas Page or other Canvas tool is generally how we recommend instructors include media in a course at UW-Madison. Embedded media provides more context and keeps the student in Canvas rather than sending them to an external link outside of Canvas.
- Move your cursor to the point in your Canvas page where you want to insert a Kaltura MediaSpace video.
- Click the blue V icon to view the More External Tools menu. Select Kaltura Media from the drop-down list.
- A window titled Kaltura Media will open showing the media content associated with your Kaltura account.
- Scroll to the video you want to embed. Click the Select button to embed the video in your page.
Optional: If you would like to select a size other than medium (default), click the arrow next to the Select button to open a drop-down menu and choose the size you want to embed.
- The video will show up on your Canvas page. You can continue to edit the page and add text if you'd like. Once you're done click Save.
- Canvas will display your page with your embedded Kaltura video.