Microsoft 365 - Getting Started with Planner
Learn how to use Planner
- What happens when a Plan is created?
When you create a plan, you can either assign the plan to an existing Microsoft 365 Group or a new Microsoft 365 Group will be created to support your plan. Microsoft 365 groups make it easy for you and the people you're working with to collaborate not only in Planner, but also in OneNote, Outlook, OneDrive, and more.
- What will the name and address be for newly created Microsoft Plan?
If a Planner is created and not originally tied to a pre-existing Microsoft Group, the name and address of the new group will be derived from the Planner name you created. Once the Planner is created, the Group address cannot be modified.
- What do I do after creating a Plan?
After creating a Plan, the next step is to add tasks.
- How do I collaborate with others?
Beyond getting a plan in place for who's doing what when, Microsoft Planner can also help you actually do some of the things you have planned. Learn more.
- Can I connect a Plan to Microsoft Teams?
Yes. If you're using Microsoft Teams, you can organize your tasks by adding one or more Planner tabs to a team channel. You can then work on your plan from within Teams or in Planner for web, remove or delete your plan, and get notified in Teams when a task is assigned to you in Planner. Learn more.
- Please contact the DoIT Help Desk for technical support.
- UW IT Collaborative Tools Group
Share your feedback with the UW IT Collaborative Tools Group at email@example.com.