Topics Map > Campus Services > E-Learning
Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Requesting Student Activity Data for Storyline Modules From Learning Locker
This document covers basic information on requesting a report on student use of a Storyline module or creating an export from Learning Locker for the content authoring solution and some processing of the data that can be done in Excel.
It can be difficult to interpret Storyline Learning Locker reports, because the reports don't include human-readable answers. If you would like assistance with data exports from Learning Locker:
- Send a request to the DoIT Help Desk for a data report for a specific module. Please include that you are looking to export Storyline data from Learning Locker, a description of the specific data you need, and when you would like the report. Report requests are processed within 2 business days.
- A Learn@UW-Madison team member will either send you questions for additional definition of your data requirements, or a CSV file with the requested data.
If you are a school, college, or department instructional technologist and would like an account to login to Learning Locker, please contact the DoIT Help Desk. Learning Locker is learning record store designed to store learning activity statements generated by xAPI compliant learning modules. After your account is set up, you can login to Learning Locker here: saas-us.learninglocker.net/login.
Learning Locker documentation can be found here: http://docs.learninglocker.net/reporting/
Analytics from Storyline ModulesUnlike Pressbooks, which only emits xAPI based on learner interactions with H5P activities, Storyline’s xAPI emitting functionality is directly built in. This means data about how long students spend within a module is recorded in addition to other analytic data. However, there are still options within storyline that dictate when xAPI statements are emitted from the module and exactly what data those statements include. Details and best practices for configuring storyline modules to emit xAPI are included in this document: Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Publishing a Storyline module with xAPI
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - CSCR Alternative Tools (UW-Madison)
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Requesting Student Activity Data From Pressbooks
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Using interactive Storyline modules with WordPress/GrassBlade, Learning Locker, and Canvas
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Uploading a Storyline module to WordPress/GrassBlade
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Sending a grade from a Storyline module in WordPress to Canvas