Topics Map > Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
MFA-Duo - Identity Assurance Level 2 Credentialing Process
This document outlines the process by which a Madison user of the MFA-Duo Multi-factor authentication service would use to be able to authenticate to systems requiring Identity Assurance Level 2 (IAL2) such as HRS, SFS, and UW Business Intelligence.
Please note: This process applies only to the UW-Madison implementation of MFA-Duo. If you are here from another campus please refer to the following document to obtain more information on your local campus' processes for handling Identity Assurance Level.
- Before proceeding please ensure your NetID is set up to use MFA-Duo by following the process outlined here
- Log into the UW Digital ID application at http://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/
- Click Request from the left hand menu
- Select the Identity Proofing option
- Verify your email address
- During the COVID-19 social distancing period please either call or chat the DoIT Help Desk to request a remote credentialing session in lieu of an in-person visit to the Walk-In Help Desk. You will need your campus photo ID and a state ID, drivers license, military ID, or passport to verify your identity. If you are a new employee starting since Safer At Home order by Gov. Evers and are thus unable to obtain a WisCard you may use your appointment letter instead of your WisCard for the purpose of verifying affiliation. Please note: You will need a webcam and audio so that your identification can be visible.