Topics Map > LMS > Canvas
Canvas - Setting a Time Zone in Canvas
In this document, we'll explain how to modify your Time Zone setting in Canvas
Within Canvas, dates and times are displayed according to the time zone set by the course. At the University of Wisconsin-Madison, these are displayed in Central Time, and do not change depending on location. Therefore, learners studying out-of-state may choose to adjust their time zone in Canvas to match their local clocks. This will simply change the display time, not the actual time events happen in Canvas.
This document shows how learners may change their time zone in their User Profile.
Note: Assignments will still be due at the time/date they are set in the Central Time Zone. You can view default times by hovering your cursor over a date and time in your course.
- Navigate to Account > Settings
- Select Edit Settings. Depending on your screen dimensions, it may be on the right-hand side of the screen, or the bottom.
- Time Zone will be displayed at the bottom of the window that appears.
- Select time zone from drop-down and select Update Settings
- Confirm that your time zone has been changed successfully.