Topics Map > LMS > Canvas
Canvas - AlcoholEdu Course
This document describes how to complete the AlcoholEdu course in Canvas.
First-year students and transfer students at UW-Madison are required to complete the AlcoholEdu course, provided by University Health Services. This course is available from within the Canvas learning management system.
To complete the AlcoholEdu course:
- System requirements. Please see this document for information regarding the specific system requirements for AlcoholEdu, including how to contact the Customer Support line.
- AlcoholEdu is a web-based course containing audio and video, so you will need a computer with audio.
- Some browsers may require you to have Flash player installed, as well as Adobe Acrobat Reader (both are are free downloads).
- You should view the course in a web browser that has been updated in the past two years.
- AlcoholEdu is best viewed with a minimum 1024x768 screen resolution. You may be able to view the course using other settings, but some elements of the course may not display properly.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer. Firefox, Chrome, and Safari are recommended.
- Do not use a mobile phone. AlcoholEdu is not optimized mobile phones, so do not plan to complete it on a smartphone. It will work on tablets, including Mobile Safari on iOS7 or newer, or on the default browser on Android 4.3+ (Jelly Bean).
- Progress is saved each time you click 'Next', but if you log out before clicking the 'Next' at the end of a section you will have to repeat that section.