Topics Map > LMS > Canvas
Canvas - Training Resources (UW-Madison)
Looking for Canvas training? There are several available resources to help you get up to speed on Canvas.
Quick List of Canvas Training Resources
- Active Teaching Lab
- Teaching Effectively in Canvas
- In Person Canvas Sessions
- Online: Canvas Training Course for Instructors
- Canvas Community Guides
- Canvas Community for UW-Madison
Active Teaching Lab
Active Teaching Labs provide a space to hear UW-Madison instructors’ experiences using teaching tools and techniques to motivate, engage and more effectively teach the diverse range of students we encounter. The Active Teaching Labs will focus on Canvas-related tools through Spring 2018.
Labs are open to all and held weekly during the academic year. Refreshments will be served. Navigate to the Active Teaching Labs homepage for upcoming Labs and news posts covering past Labs. To stay informed, sign up for regular announcements by sending an email to email@example.com.
Teaching Effectively In Canvas
Teaching Effectively in Canvas (TEiC) is a new Faculty Engagement program designed to help make good teaching easier for instructors. It is comprised of four guided face-to-face workshops, with multiple sessions offered of each workshop. Each of the two-hour workshops focuses on a different aspect of teaching and learning and the Canvas tools that align with them, with activities designed to guide instructors through the creation of necessary elements. It is recommended that you attend all four workshops ideally in order, but you benefit from attending any.For additional information on TEiC and upcoming programming navigate to its homepage.
Other In-Person Canvas Sessions
In-person Canvas demonstrations and training sessions will be offered regularly.
Check the events list at the Canvas Info website for upcoming sessions.
Canvas Training Videos and Online Courses
- Canvas FastTrack series - Series of short videos for instructors published by Instructure on Canvas tools and ways to increase student engagement.
- Canvas Training Course for Instructors - Learn how to use Canvas using this self-paced online course built within Canvas for UW-Madison instructors. Course consists of six modules each of which contains pedagogical and technical (how-to) resources to help you achieve Canvas proficiency. (16-20 hours of total content)
- Canvas Student Training Course - Self-paced online course built within Canvas for UW-Madison students.
- Learn Canvas 2017 - Lynda.com online training course. The video tutorials are roughly two hours in total. If you have never used Lynda.com before, please refer to Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID in order to get logged in to access the training module.
Canvas Community Guides & UW-Madison Canvas Community
Instructure, the Canvas vendor, offers a large repository of end-user resources including videos and online manuals. These resources are available on their Canvas Guides page. We also encourage you to use the UW-Madison Canvas Community where you can connect with everyone from other instructors using Canvas, to consultants, and even the broader worldwide community that uses Canvas.