Topics Map > LMS > Canvas
Canvas - Training Resources (UW-Madison)
Looking for Canvas training? There are several available resources to help you get up to speed on Canvas.
- In Person Canvas Sessions
- Online: Canvas Training Course for Instructors
- Canvas Community Guides
- Canvas Community for UW-Madison
In Person Canvas Sessions
In-person Canvas demonstrations and training sessions will be offered regularly. Check the events list at the Canvas Info website for upcoming sessions (same link as: In Person Canvas Sessions).
Online Canvas Training Videos and Courses
- Canvas FastTrack series - Short videos for instructors on Canvas tools and ways to increase student engagement.
- Canvas Training Course for Instructors - Learn how to use Canvas using this self-paced online course built within Canvas for UW-Madison instructors. Course consists of six modules each of which contains pedagogical and technical (how-to) resources to help you achieve Canvas proficiency. (16-20 hours of total content)
- Canvas Student Training Course - Self-paced online course built within Canvas for UW-Madison students.
- Learn Canvas 2017 - Lynda.com online training course. The video tutorials are roughly two hours in total. If you have never used Lynda.com before, please refer to Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID in order to get logged in to access the training module.
Canvas Community Guides and the UW-Madison Canvas Community
Instructure, the Canvas vendor, offers a large repository of end-user resources including videos and online manuals. These resources are available on their Canvas Guides page. We also encourage you to use the UW-Madison Canvas Community where you can connect with everyone from other instructors using Canvas, to consultants, and even the broader worldwide community that uses Canvas.