Topics Map > LMS > Canvas
Canvas - How to Find Canvas Course Number or SIS ID
This document outlines how to find the Canvas course number or SIS ID
Finding a Canvas Course Number
To locate your course's Canvas course number within the course URL (browser address):
- Go to your course's homepage by clicking a course name on your canvas dashboard.
- Check your browser's URL. On the course homepage, the course number is at the end of the URL. (In the example below, the Canvas course number is 71164.)
Hover your cursor over the course name to show the URL (Desktop)
- Select courses on the Canvas sidebar. The courses menu will pop up.
Note: you can also do this on your dashboard or courses page
- Hover your cursor over a course name
- Find the URL in the bottom-left corner of your browser window. This shows the URL of the course your cursor is on. The 5-digit number at the end is the course ID.
Finding a SIS ID
If you are an instructor having enrollment problems with a for-credit course, you might need to find the SIS ID to troubleshoot. (For example, you might need to find this if your course is missing an enrollment section).
To find your course's SIS ID:
- Navigate to your course in Canvas
- Open the Settings page
- SIS ID is listed on the Settings page (under Time Zone and above Subaccount).