Office 365 - Subscription/license types and affiliation changes
This document describes the two subscription types a UW-Madison affiliate may have and the applications/services these subscriptions have access to. Per Microsoft licensing agreement, the account types listed below have access to the following applications within UW-Madison's implementation of Office 365.
|Available Applications:||Faculty/Staff/Student||Service Account/Alumni/Emeritus/Retiree|
|Office desktop apps (Office 365 ProPlus)||X||
|Office online apps (Word/Excel/PowerPoint Online)||X||
|Enabled Services and Applications in Office 365||X|
- Eligible department affiliates, Special Authorization Campus Affiliates, and HRS Persons of Interest (POI) are provided with Alumni/Emeritus/Retiree licenses. Please see Office 365 - What should I expect when I am no longer a Faculty, Staff, or Student? for additional information on employees leaving the university.
- There may be a time where a user is both an Alumni and Faculty/Staff member. During this period, the user will always receive the licenses that grant them more service access - in this case, they would be able to access all the apps/services under the "Faculty/Staff/Student" column.
- Office 365 - What features are included in Office 365?
- Office 365 - What should I expect when I am no longer a Faculty, Staff, or Student?
- Office 365 - Backup OneDrive for Business data
- Office 365 - Your subscription has expired
- Office 365 - What version of Microsoft Office is affected by a license change?
- Office 365 - How will a license change impact the Office 365 license I purchased from the DoIT Tech Store?
- Office 365 - What are recommended productivity tools after a license change?
- Office 365 - How will Emeriti with paid appointments be affected?
- Office 365 - Preserving organizational data due to a position change or retirement
- Office 365 - UW-Madison student licensing