SIS - Service Indicators/Holds: Delete
A Service Indicator, often referred to as a hold, that is on a student’s record indicates something that has been completed or needs to be completed, such as meet with an advisor or pay a fee. Once the student has completed the needed task, the service indicator needs to be removed.
To delete a service indicator from a student’s record, follow the steps below:
>Watch Video<: How to delete a Service Indicator/hold (1 min, 16 sec)
- Navigate to Manage Service Indicators page:
- Search: Manage Service Indicators; or
- Tile: Student Records WorkCenter; or
- NavBar >Navigator: >Campus Community >Service Indicators >Person >Manage Service Indicators
- Use the Find page to locate the student’s record.
- Find the specific service indicator you wish to delete
and select its Code link.
- Select Release button to delete the service indicator.
- Select OK to the release message “Are you sure you want to release this service indicator” if you want to delete the service indicator.
Tip: If you have made a mistake and wish to keep this service indicator, select [Cancel].
- To search for a different student, select [Return to Search] and [Clear] ID.
- Your security determines which service indicator(s) you can delete.
- It is important to release a service indicator when the student has cleared it or when the service indicator has expired.
Once released, the student will no longer see the service indicator in their Student Center nor will it impact them.
- When you remove a student’s service indicator information, any evidence of the previous service indicator information is removed from the system; however, behind the scenes, an audit record changes.
- If a service indicator has a limited time impact, e.g., End Term and/or End Date, you still need to Release the service indicator so it no longer displays.