Topics Map > Technical Docs > Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Using Polling in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (Remote Instruction)
Using the Polling feature in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra within a remote instruction environment.
During remote instruction, it is important to find ways of soliciting feedback and measuring students' understanding of content. Polling is a good way of both measuring understanding and engaging students in the process of learning. This document walks instructors through the process of setting up and using the Polling features in a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session.|
Setting Up Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
The polling feature in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra does not allow you to set up polling questions before the session begins. It also only allows you to create one polling question at a time. To that end, if you have multiple polling questions, set up the first one upon entering your session. If you have teaching assistants or other moderators, it is recommended that you have them create these polling questions as you are facilitating the session.
- Select Share Content from the Collaborate Panel.
- Select Polling.
- Choose between Multiple Choice and Yes/No Choices.
- Enter the question and choices. Once the question is created, it is ready to be presented.
Presenting Polling Question
- Under the Polling menu, select Start.
- Results will display in the session window.
- Select Lock Poll to prevent any further entries.
- To end the poll, go to the Polling tool and click the icon on the right of the polling question.
- You can now create a new poll question.