Topics Map > Office of the Secretary of the Faculty > Faculty Senate > University Committee
University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-09-30
approved October 7, 2013
September 30, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Farrar Edwards, Meyerand, Petty
1. The meeting began at 1:00 p.m.
2. Motion made (Petty) and seconded to approve minutes of the meeting of September 23, 2013. Unanimous.
3. UC will affirm to the UW System President Search and Screen Committee its support for the selection of a president who has an understanding of higher education, an understanding of faculty and staff in a higher education context, and prior leadership in higher education.
4. Motion made (Farrar Edwards) and seconded to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
5. The committee reconvened in open session at 2:33 p.m.
6. The UC received an update on enrollment, and facilitated a discussion about CURAFA’s work in the academic year ahead.
7. The UC advised the Division of International Studies that the proposed governance structure related to restructuring must be reviewed by the University Academic Planning Council.
8. The UC invited Recreational Sports Director John Horn and Recreational Sports Board Co-Chair Jesse Markow to present information about recreational sports facilities and the campus master plan at a future Faculty Senate meeting.
9. Motion made (Cook) and seconded to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
10. The committee reconvened in open session at 5:13 p.m.
11. The meeting adjourned at 5:22 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty