Topics Map > Office of the Secretary of the Faculty > Faculty Senate > University Committee
University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-10-21
University Committee Meeting Minutes
approved October 28, 2013
October 21, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Farrar Edwards, Meyerand, Petty
1. Meeting began at 2:00 p.m.
2. Consent item - Minutes of the meeting of October 14, 2013 were approved.
3. The UC supports Noel Radomski’s proposal to have a group of faculty and staff appointed to provide a policy brief on the option of a self-insured health insurance program for state employees and the current approach of the state contracting with 18 HMOs.
4. In response to the presentation about the Supplemental Essential Learning Outcomes-based course evaluations, the UC recommends that the Teaching Academy consult with the divisional committees regarding tenure considerations and the school/college academic planning councils.
5. Motion made (Cook) to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unainimous.
6. Committee reconvened in open session at 3:45 p.m.
7. The UC will use the AFT-W resolution on shared governance as a reference point for its resolution on shared governance for consideration at the Faculty Senate.
8. The UC endorses the plan set forth in the College of Engineering academic planning council self-study.
9. Unanimous approval of the November Faculty Senate agenda.
10. In response to the request from the chair of the Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction annual report, the UC recommends that the committee report the finding of its survey of faculty to the UC.
11. The UC endorsed the Ad Hoc Interdivisional Curriculum Committee’s proposed changes to FP&P regarding the course approval process.
12. Motion made (Cook) to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
13. The meeting adjourned from closed session at 5:30 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty