DoIT Shared Tools - Contact Us
The DoIT Shared Tools team's standard support hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..
Submit a Support Request
DoIT Shared Tools is now collaborating with the DoIT Help Desk. Questions or issues about GitLab, JIRA, and Confluence/Wiki will initially be processed by the Help Desk and then escalated to the Shared Tools team.
The Shared Tools team strives to reply to:
- Urgent requests within 1-4 hours
- Standard requests within 2-3 business days
Shared Tools Available
The Shared Tools team provides the application administration and limited user support of:
- GitLab (git.doit.wisc.edu)
- Jira Software (jira.doit.wisc.edu)
- Confluence/Wiki (wiki.doit.wisc.edu/confluence)
New Users or Group/Project/Space Requests
- GitLab - New Group Request Process
- JIRA - New User Self-Enrollment and Access
- Confluence Wiki - Request New Space Creation
Emergency, After Hours, or Holiday Requests
If there is an outage or degraded service, the Help Desk will post an outage and escalate the status of the request with the Shared Tools team. Help Desk representatives will follow an internal escalation process. This includes notifying the the lead technologist(s) and the service coordinator.
Note: The Shared Tools team primarily responds during normal business hours. Outages, degraded service, and emergencies are addressed on an as-needed basis. After being notified of a service disruption the Shared Tools team will make a best effort attempt to restore services as quickly as is feasible and provide updates on the status of the request.