SIS - Service Indicators/Holds: Change
A Service Indicator, often referred to as a hold, that is on a student’s record indicates something that has been completed or needs to be completed, such as meet with an advisor or pay a fee. You may need to change something on a service indicator, such as Term, Start Date, Code, Reason, Amount, Contact or Comment.
To change an existing service indicator on a student’s record, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Manage Service Indicators page:
- Search: Manage Service Indicators; or
- Tile: Student Records WorkCenter; or
- NavBar >Navigator: >Campus Community >Service Indicators >Person >Manage Service Indicators
- Use the Find page to locate the student’s record.
- Find the specific service indicator you wish to change and select its Code link.
- Change Start Date to current date.
Tip: Type 'today' or select calendar icon and select 'Current Date'.
- Change the needed field(s) as advised on Service Indicator Page Field Definitions.
- Select OK to save.
- To search for a different student, select [Return to Search] and [Clear] ID.
- You will most likely only change a service indicator if you are fixing a mistake; otherwise, it is recommended that you ‘Release’ a service indicator to delete it, and Add a service indicator to create a new one.
- Your security determines which service indicator(s) you can change.
- When you change a student’s service indicator information, any evidence of the previous service indicator information is removed from the system; however, behind the scenes, an audit record changes.