ECMS - About ImageNow Desktop Capture
This document explains ImageNow Desktop Capture.
About ImageNow Desktop Capture
The CaptureNow product suite drives the desktop, ImageNow Client-based collection and processing of documents from multiple sources into ImageNow with a rich collection of scanning and importing functionality. You can collect files manually or automatically from a centralized location or distribute the capture of documents to different locations. Using CaptureNow, you can capture all types of documents, individually or in batches, into ImageNow's secure, organized, and accessible repository.
Capture and source profiles defined by your administrator store hardware and software settings such as resolution, page size, orientation, brightness, threshold detection, and duplex scanning. With these profiles, you can quickly select parameters that match a particular type of file you need to capture and create an ImageNow document.
You can deliver captured files directly into workflow processes and use automatic indexing features such as barcode recognition and, when CaptureNow is used with Recognition Agent, OCR processing. Quality Assurance features ensure images appear clean and readable before you assign the location and property values to a new document and store it in the ImageNow repository. For the files you need to scan, ImageNow is compatible with a wide range of scanners from Lexmark, Canon, Fujitsu, Xerox, and other manufacturers to ensure a flexible capture environment.
Desktop capture sources
CaptureNow supports the following capture source options.
- File. Enables you to retrieve an electronic file from a file system and import it into ImageNow.
- Scanner. Enables you to load paper or other items into a scanning device and capture them into ImageNow.
- ImageNow Printer. Provides a virtual printer that allows you to "print" an electronic file into ImageNow while converting it to the TIFF file format. To capture a file using ImageNow Printer, you use the Print button in the Windows application that created the file. For additional details about ImageNow Printer, refer to What is ImageNow Printer?.
Desktop capture modes
CaptureNow supports the following capture modes to provide flexibility in how ImageNow stores document pages and when in your business process the location and property values are assigned to documents.
- Single. Enables you to capture files as a single ImageNow document and immediately assign the location and property values to it. Single mode supports File, Scanner, and ImageNow Printer source options. For steps to use a Single mode capture profile, refer to Import a file using a Single mode capture profile, Scan a file using a Single mode capture profile, or Print a file to ImageNow using a Single mode capture profile.
- Batch. Enables you to capture files and store them in a batch on your computer. ImageNow uploads the batch to ImageNow Server and processes it based on settings specified by your administrator in a capture profile. You perform quality assurance and assign the location and property values to the files later in your business process, where you can store the captured files in one or many documents. Batch mode supports File, Scanner, and ImageNow Printer source options. For an overview of the steps to process a batch, refer to the Batch processing checklist. For steps to use a Batch mode capture profile, refer to Import a file using a Batch mode capture profile, Scan a file using a Batch mode capture profile, or Print a file to ImageNow using a Batch mode capture profile.
- Package. Enables your administrator to provide a set of pre-defined basket groups, document rules, and capture profile options that allow you to capture, organize, and verify that a package includes all required documents. Package mode is ideal for point-of-registration or walk-up environments where document collectors must collect highly structured data in real time, and then verify and organize the data based on logical groups and other settings. Package mode supports File and Scanner source options. For steps to use a Package mode capture profile, refer to Import a package of files or Scan a package of pages.
Copyright © 2004-2013 Perceptive Software, Inc. All rights reserved.