ECMS - VRS prompts for reinstall after Windows 10 update
This document contains information about how to create links to Imaging content for Perceptive Experience
After a Windows 10 update is performed, you may be prompted to reinstall Kofax VRS when opening a VRS module. The message may communicate "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."
Kofax is aware of Windows updates causing a prompt to reinstall VRS. This is caused by shared application libraries that are modified during the Windows update process. However, there are no current plans for Kofax to resolve this issue, as it is caused by the Windows update and not a software defect.
The current recommended solution is to reinstall Kofax VRS after the Windows update has been completed”
To reinstall the Kofax VRS software use the following steps as a guide, if your circumstances differ, please use the proper steps for your circumstances:
- Prior to reinstallation of VRS make a copy of the VRS scan profiles (.cps) located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Imgctls\bin\Profiles
- Run the appropriate version of of VRS installer.
- Most VRS Imaging implementations using VRS are paired with a Fujitsu scanner that have the VRS license hard coded in the scanner (e.g., fi-6670a). Assuming you have version 5.1.0625 installed currently you would want to run the “VRS 5.1 Professional Update” installer available from Fujitsu at https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/fi/software/fi-6x70a-vrs.html
- Note that running the vrs_5.1_pfucga_bundle.exe only unpacks the installer files, you then need to run the VRS5.1_HVRS\setup.exe executable that was unpacked in the previous step.
- After installation, verify the .cps files are still there and time-stamped appropriately
- Reboot and retry your scanning process