Graduate School Academic Planning Council (GSAPC) - About the Committee
The GSAPC advises the Dean on policy and budgetary planning and annually proposes a Research Assistant rate for the next school year to the Dean.
The Graduate Faculty Executive Committee selects a subcommittee of five faculty from among its elected members to serve, together with the dean, as the academic planning council of the Graduate School. One of the elected members shall be chosen from each faculty division and the fifth elected member shall be chosen at-large. The dean may invite associate deans or others to attend meetings of the academic planning council as advisors. The academic planning council advises the dean on policy and budgetary planning and presents faculty views and opinions to the dean. It also has the responsibility of assisting the graduate faculty in understanding budget and policy decisions and constraints. Subjects on which the dean shall share information and consult with the academic planning council include, but are not limited to:
- Program review and the future development or contraction of graduate programs.
- Allocation of flexible resources to various uses, such as fellowships, support of individual investigators, matching funds for facilities grants, funding for new faculty, and awards.
- Policies and budget decisions for service facilities operated by the Graduate School.
- Policies and budget decisions relating to research centers administered by the Graduate School.
- Appointments of committees of the Graduate School. The council shall report regularly to the Graduate Faculty Executive Committee, and distribute a written report to the graduate faculty at least once each year.