Topics Map > Training for Coordinators
Topics Map > Communications
Instructions for Updating Unit Directory Information
The Graduate School Unit Directory is a tool that identifies who holds important roles in each graduate program.
Unit Directory is available here: https://my.grad.wisc.edu/Directory/Search
Graduate Program Coordinators (indicated as Coordinators in Unit directory) are expected to keep Unit Directory roles up-to-date at all times.
Subscribe to role – If you're curious what communications other roles receive, such as your DGS, you can "subscribe" to those roles in Unit Directory, without incorrectly assigning yourself role. This helps maintain role integrity, and still gives you a way to be in the loop. Please use this feature instead of assigning people to roles they do not actually hold.
Live contact info – The Directory relies on live HR data for names and contact information.
Faculty lists – Each year you are required to provide graduate faculty lists to Academic Planning and Institutional Research (APIR) using Unit Directory.
Enhanced search – The Unit Directory allows the campus community (netID required) to search a variety of criteria, including program, division, role, name, and more. The lists can then be exported for easy emailing or as am Excel spreadsheet.
Graduate Program Coordinator steps for updating program roles and faculty lists:
- Login with NetID at https://my.grad.wisc.edu/Directory/Search.
- Click on the small, white Edit Roles button in the upper right corner of the page. If you are responsible for multiple programs, select the appropriate one, and then use the red +Add buttons to assign people to each role.
- Also within Edit Roles, you can use the white +Subscribe button to indicate people who should receive communication sent to that role. The subscribe feature allows people to receive relevant communication without actually being assigned to the role.
- If do not see a button to Edit Roles when you login, or if you click on the button and the list is blank, contact Alissa Ewer. She will assign your name to the Coordinator role in your program, which gives you the Edit Roles button the next time you login.
- Click on Edit Faculty, read the additional instructions at the top of the page, then update your list of faculty accordingly. Be sure to click the Submit List button to save your changes.
- You (as well as anyone with netID) can use the search feature by clicking Search Page, selecting a few different criteria, and using the export feature.
Note: If you are leaving your role as Coordinator and need to assign someone new to the role in your place, please add him/her first and then delete yourself. As soon as you delete yourself as Coordinator, you will lose editing access to the Unit Directory.
If you have any questions, please contact Alissa Ewer (email@example.com).