Topics Map > Campus Services > My UW-Madison
Topics Map > Campus Services > Student Center
Voter Enrollment Verification in the Student Center
The Voter Enrollment Verification letter is intended for students who:
1. Need an acceptable form of proof of residence
2. Plan to use the Voter Identification card at the polls*
* UW institutions will provide voter ID-compliant student ID cards and enrollment verifications to students who request them. Students are also advised to follow instructions related to residency and absentee ballots. Check https://www.vote.wisc.edu for up-to-date information.
If you need a Voter Enrollment Verification letter:
Either printed or electronic letters will be accepted at the polls. (For voter enrollment verification, the address does not matter. If the address does not appear, or if it will be used as proof of residence when registering to vote, follow the steps in your Student Center below).
1. Go to go.wisc.edu/verify and login to see your voter enrollment verification letter
1. Go to your Student Center in My UW.2. Verify your current address (mailing address) is correct.
- Located under the ‘Personal information’ tab
- If not correct, update address
3. Once your address is updated, select ‘My Academics’.
4. Select ‘Voter enrollment verification’ (Do NOT select ‘Print enrollment verification’).
- It is important to select ‘Voter enrollment verification’ because this produces a letter that meets all Wisconsin Elections Commission requirements for voting in Wisconsin. The other enrollment verification letter is produced by the National Student Clearinghouse and is not valid for voting purposes.
- If you are not enrolled for the current or future term, the letter will not be available.
5. A letter will be produced.
Verify the information is correct. Either electronic or printed letters will be accepted at the polls.
Accessing the Voter enrollment verification letter via your smartphone may result in a blank page. If this is the case, please update your browser settings to allow pop-ups.
- Visit https://www.vote.wisc.edu for additional voting information.
- University Special and Guest students are not eligible to receive a Voter enrollment verification letter.
- If you withdrew from the current term, you are not eligible to receive a Voter enrollment verification letter.
- Both printed and electronic letters will be accepted at the polls.
- Students should use a Voter enrollment verification letter for voting purposes only. This letter is term specific and does not contain all of the information provided on the existing National Student Clearinghouse verification letter.
- o If you need an enrollment verification letter for purposes other than voting (ex. insurance, etc.), select ‘Print enrollment verification’.