Topics Map > Campus Services > My UW-Madison
Topics Map > Campus Services > Student Center
Voter Enrollment Verification in the Student Center
The Voter Enrollment Verification letter is intended for students who:
1. Need an acceptable form of proof of residence
2. Plan to use the new Voter Identification card at the polls*
*Voter ID provisions will NOT be in effect for
the November 2014 general election. However, UW institutions will still
provide voter ID-compliant student ID cards and enrollment verifications to
students who request them. Students are also advised to follow instructions
related to residency and absentee ballots. Check http://www.vote.wisc.edu for up-to-date information.
If you need a Voter Enrollment Verification letter:
1. Go to your Student Center in My UW.
2. Verify your current address (mailing address) is correct.
- Located under the ‘Personal information’ tab
- If not correct, update address
3. Once your address is updated, select ‘My Academics’.
4. Select ‘Voter enrollment verification’ (Do NOT select ‘Request enrollment verification’).
o It is important to select ‘Voter enrollment verification’ because this produces a letter that meets all Government Accountability Board requirements for voting in Wisconsin. The other enrollment verification letter is produced by the National Student Clearinghouse and is not valid for voting purposes.
5. A PDF letter will be produced. Verify the information is correct and print the letter. Electronic letters will be accepted at the polls.
- Visit http://www.vote.wisc.edu for additional voting information.
- University Special and Guest students are not eligible to receive a voter enrollment verification letter.
- If you withdrew from the current term, you are not eligible to receive a voter enrollment verification letter.
- Both printed and electronic letters will be accepted at the polls.
- Students should use a voter enrollment verification letter for voting purposes only. This letter is term specific and does not contain all of the information provided on the existing National Student Clearinghouse verification letter.
o If you need an enrollment verification letter for purposes other than voting (ex. insurance, etc.), select ‘Request enrollment verification’.