Topics Map > Business Systems > Other

Former Employees - Accessing Earning, Leave, Tax, and Benefit Statements

This document explains how former employees (faculty, staff, and student) can request copies of their earning, tax and benefit statements after leaving the University of Wisconsin.
When affiliation with the University of Wisconsin ends, employees lose access to Human Resource Services. This change prevents former employees from electronically accessing their tax and earnings statements or updating their personal address.

Jump to: How can I access my HRS information?

Why am I losing access?

After your employment has ended, you will no longer be able to access your employee information or documents. Access to these systems is based on an active employement status.

If you are a current employee of the University of Wisconsin and have lost access in error, please contact your Human Resources department to confirm your employment status has been correctly entered. If further assistance is needed after consulting with your HR representative, please contact UW-Shared Services

When will I lose access?

You will lose access to all Human Resource System tiles, data, and statements in MyUW the day after your effective date of termination

This includes:

  • Benefit Information (Benefits statements)
  • Payroll Information (Tax and earnings statements)
  • Time and Absence (Timesheets and leave balances/reports)
  • HR, Payroll and Benefits News
  • HRS Approvals
  • Manager Time and Approvals
  • Mandatory Training
  • Performance Management
  • Personal Information

You will still be able to log into the MyUW portal and access non-Human Resource apps (such as Canvas, My Bookmarks, and WisCard Balance) for 24 months after your date of termination.

Other UW Madison Services

Please see Leaving the University of Wisconsin Madison for deactivation information for other common services such as Office 365, Zoom, and Google Drive.

The deactivation timeline for these specifically listed tools is 90 days long, should you need to backup or transfer ownership of any data.

How can I access my HRS information?

Earning statements: Please contact your former payroll office or email UW Shared Services - Service Operations Support at

Tax Statements (i.e. W-2): You must submit a request using the Duplicate Statement Request Form. Documents from the previous calendar year can be requested free of charge.

For questions on Leave and Benefit information or to update your mailing address, please contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Support at

See Also:

Keywords:additional, access, authorization, benefits, duplicate, electronically, employee, errors, error, facstaff, faculty, find, forms, HRS, information, myuw, my uw, portal, retired, pay stub, paystub, request, requests, view, pay roll, payroll, permission, self service, statement, student, taxes, tile, widget, work record, W-2, W2, 1095-a, 1095-b, 1095-c, 1095a, 1095b, 1095c, 1095t   Doc ID:6856
Owner:Amanda M.Group:My UW-Madison Portal
Created:2007-12-18 19:00 CDTUpdated:2023-02-06 18:22 CDT
Sites:DoIT Help Desk, My UW-Madison Portal, MyUW System Portal
Feedback:  65   688