Topics Map > Networks & Connectivity > WiscVPN
WiscVPN - Troubleshooting the PaloAlto GlobalProtect Client (Windows)
This doc outlines the typical troubleshooting steps to follow when WiscVPN (GlobalProtect) is not working.
Uninstall and Reinstall Globalprotect
- Uninstall the GlobalProtect Client.
Update your Windows Folder settings to show hidden files and folders.
On Windows 10: Hit the Windows key on your keyboard, then type (without quotes) "Show hidden", then click the option that says "Show hidden files and folders", then click the line that says "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", then press Apply, then OK.
- Delete the following folders on your Windows computer:
- C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks
- C:\Users\(Whichever user name you use to login to the computer)\AppData\Local\Palo Alto Networks
- Reinstall GlobalProtect
- Instructions are here: Installing and Connecting the GlobalProtect Client (Windows)
- Re-attempt to login per KB WiscVPN - Connecting with the GlobalProtect (PaloAlto) Client
A Common Error Message
When attempting to start the client, if you receive an error message stating “The program can’t start because mfc120u.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem,” you can resolve the error by installing the Visual C++ runtime files which are downloadable in the following link:
Instructions for installing the C++ Redistributable Packages
- Click the link above. It will take you to the Microsoft website.
- Select the language you prefer from the dropdown menu and click the red "Download" button.
- Select the appropriate version.
- Follow download and installation prompts.