Topics Map > Teaching, Learning & Academic Administration
Topics Map > Administration & Governance > Administrative Resources > For Department Chairs and Program Directors
Topics Map > Administration & Governance > Administrative Resources > For Department Administrators
Course Access Landing Page
On this page we are sharing resources, information, and guidance for SOAR 2023 Course Access.
L&S teaches 85% of credits that first year students take and once again as a collective L&S effort we will work together to ensure students have access to the courses they need and so that advising and course registration processes goes smoothly.
- The SOAR schedule has changed for this year. In-person students will work with academic advisors and enroll in courses on the second day of their two-day orientation, and enrollment will open at 10 am.
- SOAR will begin on June 5 for transfer students and June 8 for first-year students. Enrollment will continue through August 18. The full SOAR schedule is available on the SOAR wiki (UW login required).
- 8100 first year students are expected for Fall 2023, per Division of Enrollment Management (DEM) projections. (For your reference, the size of Fall 22 first year class was ~8600)
- Resources for staffing: During Summer 2023, departments have several staffing options available to them if their current and permanent instructional staffing are not enough to meet enrollment demands.
- SOAR and peak registration periods go more smoothly when students and advisors can see important and relevant information about your courses, who to contact in different situations, or special enrollment processes in Course Search & Enroll. Please see “L&S guidance for department-provided information in Course Search & Enroll” for steps departments can take to provide good information.
- Collection of recent emails sent to chairs, directors and administrators from Teaching & Learning Administration at this KB page.