Topics Map > Known Issues (all tools) > Canvas - Known Issues
Canvas - Known Issue - .m4v Files Display Without Video Player [UW-Madison]
When users on macOS follow these steps:
- Access Canvas with Firefox or Safari web browsers
- Are editing a page or post in the Canvas Rich Content Editor
- Select the Insert Media button.
- Select "Upload/Record" media
- Upload a .m4v file
The file is added without the iframe HTML code. As a result, the file only displays as a link, and not within a video player.
- Users uploading a .m4v file to Canvas
- Users accessing Canvas on macOS with Firefox or Safari web browsers
Upload the video as a .mp4 file. On MacOS, you can do this by renaming the file and adding ".mp4" at the end of the file name.
Or, upload the file using an alternative web browser, such as Google Chrome.