Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > MediaSpace > Media Editing Tools
Kaltura - Replacing Media (UW-Madison)
This document covers what to do if you need to overwrite a media asset that has been uploaded to MediaSpace with a new one.
If you have a media item that has already been uploaded to MediaSpace and you need to make some changes that require a new version of that asset to be uploaded in its place so that the related media page and embed URLs/links can all remain the same you should use the Replace Media function in Kaltura MediaSpace. Additional information on this feature can be found in Kaltura's documentation on Managing Media - Editing Entries. To replace a media item:
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Search for or scroll until you find the video you want to edit.
- Click on the media’s Edit button which looks like a pencil:
- Click the Replace Media tab.
- Click either the Upload from Desktop button or the Upload from URL button. The Upload from Desktop allows you to upload a video file to replace the video with. The Upload from URL button allows you to specify a video online to replace the video with. Be patient, this function takes a while to process your newly uploaded media and replace your old media.