Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > MediaSpace > Media Editing Tools
Kaltura - Replacing media (UW-Madison)
This document covers what to do if you need to overwrite a media asset that has been uploaded to MediaSpace with a new one.
If you have a media item that has already been uploaded to MediaSpace and you need to make some changes that require a new version of that asset to be uploaded in its place so that the related media page and embed URLs/links can all remain the same you can use the Replace Media function in Kaltura MediaSpace. Additional information on this feature can be found in Kaltura's documentation on Managing Media - Editing Entries.
NOTE: If you decide to use the "Replace Media" function you'll need to be patient. Using "Replace Media" takes longer than uploading and processing a new file. Wait overnight for long or large files to replace.
To replace a media item:
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Search for or scroll until you find the video you want to edit.
- Click on the media’s Edit button which looks like a pencil:
- Click the Replace Media tab.
- Click either the Upload from Desktop button or the Upload from URL button. The Upload from Desktop allows you to upload a video file to replace the video with. The Upload from URL button allows you to specify a video online to replace the video with. The newly uploaded video will still need to process. Once it is processed the new video will be available at the URL of the video you replaced.