Topics Map > HelioCampus AC
HelioCampus AC - Eval Survey Instance - Reopening a Survey (Admin) [UW-Madison]
Surveys can't be reopened for a single student. Rather, HelioCampus AC college or department admins must reopen the entire survey. To avoid sending email notifications to all enrolled students, admins are encouraged to open and close the survey within the same day.
Students may contact the DoIT Help Desk to request that a course evaluation survey be reopened; however, college or departmental administrators may choose not to reopen a survey based on their local policies.
Reopening a Survey
- Log into HelioCampus AC. Click the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner to open the main navigation menu.
- Under the Surveys header, select Survey Manager.
- Navigate to the survey you want to reopen and click Manage button.
- In the survey header, click the blue Re-open Survey button.
- A dialog box will open suggesting a future end date for the survey. Click Save.
- When you are ready to close the survey again, return to this screen and click the red Stop button in the survey header. You should close the survey on the same day that you reopen it in order to avoid sending notifications to students.
Email Notifications for Reopened Surveys
HelioCampus AC sends automated email messages to students in an overnight process, so if a reopened survey is left open overnight, all eligible students will receive an email notification.
To avoid sending email notifications, make sure to open and close the survey within the same day:
- Reopen the survey by following the steps above.
- Communicate to the student that they will have a few hours to complete the reopened survey. Ask them to let you know when they've completed it, or give them a deadline for completion.
- After the student has completed the survey or the deadline has passed, close the survey.