Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > MediaSpace > Media Sharing
Kaltura - Embed Media Using oEmbed (WordPress) (UW-Madison)
This document describes how to embed UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace media into sites using oEmbed. oEmbed is used by Wordpress, Pressbooks, and other sites as a way to embed media.
- Your Wordpress has enabled Kaltura MediaSpace embedding in your Wordpress site. See Kaltura - Enabling MediaSpace oEmbed in WordPress (UW-Madison).
- Media in UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace need to have their permissions set to Unlisted or be published to a public channel. Media with their permission set to private will not work with oEmbed. Do not publish media with copyrighted material or sensitive information as unlisted or in a public channel. More information on publishing settings for media is available in Kaltura - How to change publication settings to media and channels in Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Search for or scroll until you find the video you want to embed. Remember that the media must be either unlisted or published to a public channel.
- Click on its thumbnail. Click the Share tab located under the media's title and author.
- Click the oEmbed tab.
- By default, Kaltura MediaSpace provides you with an oEmbed URL that contains a player of the size 1280x720 even though it appears that the 640x360 player is selected. To modify how the media will be embedded select the options you want to use next to Player Start & End Time, Player Skin, and Player Size.
- Once you are satisfied with your options, select and copy the oEmbed URL located just under the oEmbed tab label.
- Navigate to your Wordpress (or other) site. Paste the URL in your page or post using HTML (text editor) mode.
Please remember that the permissions of the media need to be set to Unlisted or the media needs to be published to a public channel. Be careful about using this setting with copyrighted media as users could share the link to the media and share it more broadly.