Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > MediaSpace > Media Sharing
Kaltura - Embed Media Using oEmbed (WordPress) (UW-Madison)
This document shows you how to embed UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace media into sites using oembed. Oembed is used by Wordpress and other sites as a way to embed media.
- Your Wordpress has enabled Kaltura MediaSpace embedding in your Wordpress site. See Kaltura - Enabling MediaSpace oEmbed in WordPress (UW-Madison).
- Media in UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace need to have their permissions set to Unlisted or be published to a public channel. Media with their permission set to private will not work with oembed.
- Within UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace, navigate to My Media.
- Find media that is either unlisted or is published to a public channel.
- Go to the media preview screen by click on its thumbnail. Click the Share button located under the media's title and author.
- Click the oEmbed tab.
- By default, Kaltura MediaSpace provides you with an oEmbed URL that contains a player of the size 1280x720 even though it appears that the 640x360 player is selected. To modify the player, select the options under Player Skin and/or Player Size.
- Once you are satisfied with your options, select and copy the oEmbed URL located just under the oEmbed tab label.
- Navigate to your Wordpress (or other) site. Paste the URL in your page or post using HTML (text editor) mode.
Please remember that the permissions of the media need to be set to Unlisted or the media needs to be published to a public channel.