Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > Kaltura for Canvas
Canvas - Submitting a Video Assignment Using Kaltura (Student)
While Canvas Assignments offers an online submission type called "Media Recordings", Kaltura's My Media provides greater flexibility in regards to ownership and use of the video. This tutorial will walks a student through the process of using Kaltura to submit videos for an assignment. This tutorial is based on one created by UNC Charlotte found here: https://faq.uncc.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=10783359
Students: Submit Video Assignment Using Kaltura
- In your Canvas course, click the Assignments link.
- Click on the assignment that requires embedding a Kaltura video.
- Read the instructions and then click the Submit Assignment button.
- After clicking the Submit Assignment button the Text Entry window will appear. Click the blue V icon to view the More External Tools menu. Select Kaltura Media from the drop-down list.
- In the Embed content from Kaltura window you can either 1) Add new media by clicking the Add New button or 2) Select media you've already uploaded by clicking the Select button.
- After you select your media, you will see a large grey box in the text area. This is your video.
- Add any comments you would like your professor to see in the Comments text box.
- When you are satisfied with your assignment, click the Submit Assignment button to send it to your professor.